Our Privacy CommitmentCouplerTec Electronic Rustproofing Pty Ltd ABN 96 077 752 982 is committed to managing your personal information openly and transparently and to keeping your personal information safe. We will take all necessary measures to fulfil this commitment, including to:
- comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”);
- ensure that we manage your personal information openly and transparently;
- only collect personal information from you that we need in order to offer you the best possible service and customer experience;
- tell you how we might use your personal information;
- let you know if we need to disclose your personal information to anyone else and if so, in what circumstances this might occur;
- keep your personal information secure;
- promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
- make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and
- ensure that, where appropriate, you can access and correct your personal information.
- information that we may require to initially identify you, including your name and home address;
- information that we can use to contact you, including your telephone number, mobile number, email address, work address, mailing address;
Why do we require your personal information?There are various reasons why we might need to collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information and this will depend upon the specific services that we are providing to you but we will tell you the main reason for asking for your personal information at the time when we ask you to provide it. Usually, the main reason that we will need to collect your personal information will be relating to a service that we are providing to you or are about to provide to you and for contacting you in relation to those services. Our main services include the sale and delivery of goods; providing a forum for product and service reviews and feedback; providing information and responding to queries in relation to our goods and services; facilitating competitions; facilitating online chat; processing of warranties and coordinating the installation of goods. We may also use your personal information for other reasons, including:
- to contact you in relation to an event, special offer or product that you might be interested in;
- preventing fraud and other criminal activities;
- to assist us to run our business and to improve our services and performance, including staff training, accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development, developing new products and services and undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
- directly from you, either in person or over the phone;
- when you place an order via the Website;
- when you interact with the Website; or
- from other sources.
- our details, including our contact details;
- that we are collecting your information and the reasons why we are collecting your information;
- if the collection is required or authorised by law, the details of the law, court or tribunal order;
- what happens if we cannot collect your personal information;
- any third parties to whom we may disclose the personal information;
- how you can access and correct your personal information;
- how you can complain about any breach of the APPs and how we will handle any such complaints; and
How do we use or disclose your personal information?We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related purpose such as:
- to set up and activate your account with CouplerTec;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to enable us to provide a product or a service to you;
- to coordinate delivery of your goods;
- to facilitate and process your orders and payments;
- to carry out or respond to your queries or requests;
- to provide information to you that you have requested;
- to provide additional information to you as requested by you and to respond to your queries about our products;
- to facilitate your entry into competitions run through the Website;
- to facilitate online chat;
- to any third party suppliers of our goods or services;
- to our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse trends in sales and better understand your needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you;
- for regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations;
- to relevant third parties to undertake fraud checks;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to perform administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training and collecting debts);
- to facilitate product reviews and to seek your feedback in relation to particular products, customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and to manage any customer complaints;
- for use in direct marketing of promotions, products and services that we think might be of interest to you, including to add to a database compiled by us for this purpose;
- to monitor or improve the quality and standard of service that we provide to you;
- to consider any concerns or complaints you may raise against us;
- to our agents, successors and/or assigns;
- to notify you of offers that may be of interest to you; and
- to better understand your preferences.
Do we use your personal information for marketing purposes?As part of the services that we provide to you, we may:
- use personal information that we have collected about you to identify a product or service that may benefit you;
- contact you from time to time to let you know about a product or service that we believe you might be interested in; and
- disclose your personal information to any one or more of the Recipient Parties or to our business partners (including third party facilitators) to enable them to tell you about a product or service that you might be interested in.
How do we store your personal information?We have implemented appropriate processes and techniques (including physical security such as locks and security systems and computer and network security, including firewalls and passwords) to protect personal information from loss, misuse and interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. In addition, access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities. We and our third party service providers take all necessary steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. While care is taken to protect your personal information on the Website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it in accordance with the Act. Maintaining your personal information We take reasonable steps to ensure that:
- the information that we collect about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collection;
- when we use your personal information, it is accurate, up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of use; and
- if we disclose your personal information, it is accurate, up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of disclosure.
How can you access your personal information?Usually we will be able to provide you with access to your personal information upon receipt of your written request, either by email sent to CouplerTec, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post sent to CouplerTec Electronic Rustproofing Pty Ltd, PO Box 2177 QLD 4220, and confirmation of your identity. There are some limited circumstances in which we may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information when requested. Such circumstances might include where access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of another person or where such access would unreasonably impact on the privacy of others. Where you request access to your personal information, we will respond to any such request within a reasonable period after the request is made and if possible, we will provide you with access to your information in the manner requested by you, if specified. In any event, we will take all reasonable steps to give you access to your information in a way that meets your needs. If we deny you access to your personal information for any reason, or if we are unable to provide you with access to your information in the manner requested by you, then we will provide you with a written notice confirming:
- the reason for such refusal; and
- the procedure to complain about the refusal.
How can you seek to correct your personal information?We do what we can to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. To assist us to do this, please ensure that you provide us with correct information at the time you provide it to us and immediately inform us if your details change at any time. If we are concerned that any of your information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, or if you request that we correct any of your information, then we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading in the context of the purpose for which it is held. If we correct any of your personal information and that information has previously been disclosed to another entity that is required to comply with the APPs, then, upon your request to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify that other entity of the correction unless such notification is impracticable or unlawful. If we refuse to correct your personal information following a request by you to do so, then we will provide you with a written notice confirming:
- the reason for such refusal; and
- the procedure to complain about the refusal.
What if you want to make a complaint about some aspect of our privacy procedures?We are committed to maintaining and protecting your privacy but it is possible that in limited circumstances, mistakes might be made. If you are concerned with the way your personal information has been handled then you are entitled to make a complaint. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact us at: CouplerTec Electronic Rustproofing Pty Ltd Postal address: PO Box 2177 Burleigh Heads QLD 4220 E-mail address: email@example.com Phone: 07 5522 0200 If your personal information has not been handled in an appropriate way, we will do our best to remedy your concerns as quickly as possible, including by acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 48 hours and trying to resolve the complaint within 10 working days. Where this is not possible, we will contact you within this period to let you know an anticipated time frame within which your complaint will be resolved. If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may approach an external dispute resolution service or apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) to have the complaint heard and determined.
Protecting your identityWherever it is practicable, we will always provide you with the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us. Alternatively, you may elect to use a pseudonym to protect your identity.
Links to other websitesThis Website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.